The ‘Ninth Star’ album by Emerald Sabbath is an ambitious epic rock & classical music tribute to BLACK SABBATH. Founded and produced by Michael Suilleabhain, an Irish Nuclear Construction Safety Inspector, ‘Ninth Star’ features 10 former members of Black Sabbath, The English Chamber Choir and much more.
The first song to be released from the album is ‘She’s Gone’, which originally featured on Sabbath’s 1976 album ‘Technical Ecstasy’.
Check it out below:
The new recording features Dave Walker, who replaced Ozzy Osbourne briefly in 1977/1978. He also fronted Idle Race, Savoy Brown and Fleetwood Mac. ‘She’s Gone’ features former Black Sabbath / Whitesnake member Neil Murray on bass guitar
☢️ THIS IS THE STORY OF HOW AN IRISH NUCLEAR CONSTRUCTION SAFETY INSPECTOR BROUGHT 10 EX MEMBERS OF BLACK SABBATH TOGETHER TO PRODUCE A TRIBUTE ALBUM TO ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS EVER! ☢️
‘Ninth Star’ by Emerald Sabbath features 10 former members of Black Sabbath and much more, including: Adam Wakeman(Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne), Bev Bevan (Black Sabbath/ELO), Neil Murray (Black Sabbath/Whitesnake), Terry Chimes (Black Sabbath/The Clash), Laurence Cottle (Black Sabbath/The Alan Parsons Project), Ron Keel (Black Sabbath/Ron Keel Band), Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell), Dave Walker (Black Sabbath/Fleetwood Mac), Bobby Rondinelli (Black Sabbath/Rainbow), Tony Martin (Black Sabbath/Headless Cross), Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne/Whitesnake) and The English Chamber Choir. Other Emerald Sabbath contributors include Will Malone and Mike Lewis (Sabotage/Technical Ecstasy) Mike Exeter (Black Sabbath/Judas Priest), Jeremy J. Lewis (Headless Cross), Mike Lewis (She’s Gone) Skaila Kanja (Royal Academy Of Music) PLUS Black Sabbath album graphic designers Richard Manning and Colin Elgie (Technical Ecstasy) and Hugh Gilmour (Born Again).
Emerald Sabbath founder/producer, Michael Suilleabhain, talks about ‘Ninth Star’.
Watch the video:
WELCOME ALL BLACK SABBATH AND ROCK FANS WORLDWIDE
“This is a quick note to all of those fans. My name is Michael Suilleabhain. I am from Castletownbere in West Cork, Ireland and I have been a Black Sabbath fan since 1983, when I heard them for first time. Like a lot of fans it was Black Sabbath’s debut album I heard first, and as they say, the rest is history. Over the years, I have since seen Black Sabbath a total of 82 times with every line-up [except with Ray Gillen].
I also have a great passion for classical music, and in May 2015 I decided to mix both of them. Adam Wakeman was the first to contribute to the project, with keyboards on ‘Changes’, and then it snowballed into this final product. I decided to re-record Black Sabbath tracks and instrumentals with as many as ex-members of Black Sabbath as possible. A lot of the artists also played on the originals (such as Vinny Appice, who joined Sabbath on drums for the Heaven And Hell tour, and The English Chamber Choir on Supertzar). I then brought in a string quartet along with various classical players.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be able to do this, but my persistence paid off. I would like to thank all the ex-Black Sabbath guys for helping me with this, as well as the former Black Sabbath graphic designers, string arrangers and producers. I hope that everyone will enjoy this album.”
The ‘Ninth Star’ album is dedicated to Black Sabbath and their Fans Worldwide.
Michael Suilleabhain (Emerald Sabbath founder/producer/singer)
‘Ninth Star’ Tracklist and Credits:
1. EMBYRO Adam Wakeman: Keyboards Bev Bevan: Percussion Laurence Cottle: Bass Anneka Sutcliffe: Violin Sarah Tobias: Flute/Clarinet
2. DIE YOUNG Ron Keel: Vocals Vinny Appice: Drums Rudy Sarzo: Bass DC Cothern: Guitar Pete Rinaldi: Guitar Ellen Morgan: Keyboards
3. FLUFF Sarah Tobias: Flute/Clarinet Ardeton String Quartet Pete Rinaldi: Guitar
4. TRASHED Ron Keel: Vocals Vinny Appice: Drums Bev Bevan: Percussion Laurence Cottle: Bass Pete Rinaldi: Guitar
5. STONEHENGE Adam Wakeman: Keyboards Laurence Cottle: Bass Pete Rinaldi: Guitar Sarah Tobias: Flute
6. SHE’S GONE Dave Walker: Vocals Bill Dwyer: Guitars Neil Murray: Bass Chris Cundy: Keyboards Steve Owers — Drums Ardeton String Quartet Lisa Ljungberg: Backing Vocals
7. IN FOR THE KILL Tony Martin: Vocals Laurence Cottle: Bass Bobby Rondinelli: Drums Pete Rinaldi: Guitars Adam Wakeman: Keyboards
8. ORCHID Neil Murray: Bass Sarah Tobias: Flute/Clarinet Ardeton String Quartet Pete Rinaldi: Guitar
9. HOLE IN THE SKY Ron Keel: Vocals Bobby Rondinelli: Drums Laurence Cottle: Bass Pete Rinaldi: Guitar
10. CHANGES Michael Suilleabhain: Vocals Adam Wakeman: Keyboards Laurence Cottle: Bass Bev Bevan: Percussion Queenie May: Backing Vocals Annela Sutcliffe: Violin Sarah Tobias: Flute/Clarinet
11. SUPERTZAR English Chamber Choir Adam Wakeman: Keyboards Terry Chimes: Drums Laurence Cottle: Bass Pete Rinaldi: Guitar Skaila Kanja: Harp Elen Morgan: Glockenspiel