Billy Idol’s 1980’s remix collection, Vital Idol, gets a modern-day upgrade with Vital Idol: Revitalized, OUT NOW on CD and digital through Virgin EMI/UMC on a 2LP 180-gram black vinyl in addition to a limited edition, colour variant will follow on 16th November.
1. White Wedding (CRAY Remix)
2. Dancing With Myself (RAC Remix)
3. Eyes Without A Face (Tropkillaz Remix)
4. Rebel Yell (The Crystal Method Remix)
5. (Do Not) Stand In The Shadows (Moby Remix)
6. Flesh For Fantasy (St. Francis Hotel Remix)
7. Catch My Fall (Juan Maclean Remix)
8. One Breath Away (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
9. To Be A Lover (DJDS Remix)
10. Don’t Need A Gun (Shiba San Remix)
11. Hot In The City (Shotgun Mike Remix)
BONUS TRACKS (DIGITAL ONLY)
12. Mony Mony (Idol/Stevens Remix)
13. One Breath Away (Paul Oakenfold Extended Remix)
14. (Do Not) Stand In The Shadows (Moby Remix) (Half Time Version)
15. Save Me Now (Lost Dog Remix)
More than 30 years after his groundbreaking Vital Idol compilation cemented the vibrancy of the dance-rock remix genre in the second half of the 1980’s, Idol’s Revitalized collection features 11 brand-new remixes of his most classic and enduring hits. Lending their hands to the Revitalized proceedings are electronic dance luminaries Moby, Paul Oakenfold and The Crystal Method as well as current innovators including Tropkillaz, Shiba San, Juan Maclean, CRAY and RAC, who’s remix of ‘Dancing With Myself’ is out now.
Vital Idol, initially released in 1985, was the first remix record released by a rock superstar. Besides being certified platinum, Vital Idol was accompanied by a version of ‘Mony Mony’ that reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart, as well as hitting the Top 10 on the UK Singles chart.
Highlights found within the grooves of Revitalized include The Crystal Method’s percussive, explosive remix of ‘Rebel Yell,’ CRAY’s bass-and-keyboard-blessed ‘White Wedding,’ Tropkillaz’s trop-house framing of ‘Eyes Without A Face,’ St. Francis Hotel’s shimmering stop/start caress of ‘Flesh For Fantasy,’ and RAC’s retro-harmonic, fist-pumping ‘Dancing With Myself.’
Meanwhile, the digital version of Revitalized features four additional exclusive remixes, namely the brand-new Billy Idol/Steve Stevens Remix of ‘Mony Mony,’ Paul Oakenfold’s Extended Remix of ‘One Breath Away,’ Moby’s ‘Half Time Version’ of his take on ‘(Do Not) Stand In The Shadows’ and ‘Save Me Now (Lost Dog Remix),’ reworked by Billy Idol’s son, Willem Wolfe with Brandon Rauch and Ed Bedrosian.